Tuesday, January 14, 2020

The Elwha Bridge 5K has sold out!

Elwha Bridge image courtesy Run the Peninsula
While doing some 2020 planning I came across a race series called the "Run the Peninsula" series -- 5 races of varying distances, all on the Olympic Peninsula. If you run all five, you get this amazing medal.

Well, of course that's what I wanted to do! So I signed myself and Wil up for all 5 races, starting with the 5K on February 1, expanding to a 10K for the April race, then two half marathons in June and October, and a nighttime 5K to wrap up the year.

Well, I just got an email from the organizers of the event noting that the first race -- the Elwha Bridge 5K -- has sold out for 2020, despite being enlarged from 400 entries in 2019 to 650!

I love seeing a small race do well -- and I'm looking forward to running it in a few weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment