Friday, April 26, 2013

Fullsteam Brewery

Last night -- my last in Durham -- I decided to go out to the Fullsteam brewery. I had tried their Working Man's Lunch beer at the tasting on Monday, and decided I should check them out on my free evening.

Their brewery has a nice pub, with their beers as well as those of some others. They espouse what they call "plow to pint from North Carolina" brewing, which means that it's all locally sourced. Even the chocolate that goes into the WML beer is from a local chocolatier. They don't serve food, but they invite local food trucks to come. And last night, Chirba Chirba was there.

Chirba Chirba make tasty dumplings, including a vegan "veggie-ling" with a mushroom filling. AWESOME!!



Being on my own I went early, had a pony and some sweet potato chips, and then had a second pint, six veggie-lings, and a cold noodle salad. For desert I had a slice of rum cake from the Chez Moi truck. Well, okay, I bought it but then took it back to the hotel and had it for breakfast this morning...

It was such a nice night, and the hotel was only a little over three miles away, so I decided to walk back. All in all, a nice evening, even if it would have been nicer if Wil was there.



No comments:

Post a Comment